Table of content
- What is a Blueskin Air Barrier?
- What is Blueskin used for?
- Can you use Blueskin on a roof?
Self-Adhesive Air and Vapor Barrier Membrane
Blueskin® SA is a self-adhering membrane consisting of an SBS rubberized asphalt compound laminated on a blue polyethylene film. Impermeable to air, moisture vapour and water, Blueskin® SA is designed to install easily on various prepared substrates.
- The SBS-modified membrane is flexible at low temperatures
- Prepared concrete, concrete block, primed steel, aluminum mill finish, anodized aluminum, galvanized metal, gypsum board, and plywood all adhere to this product.
- Self-sealing when penetrated with self-tapping screws
- Most Henry adhesives and liquid air barrier membranes are compatible with this product.
- Different roll widths allow for flexibility in application as an air barrier membrane on wall surfaces or as window/door/penetration flashing.
Self-Adhered Water Resistive Air Barrier Membrane
This next-generation vapour-permeable air barrier continues where traditional polymeric wraps end. Ideal for wood frame construction, Henry® Blueskin® VP100 is a wholly adhered, peel-and-stick system that prevents air leakage while also acting as a water-resistant and rain-resistant barrier.
Part of the Fortifiber® 1-2-3 moisture control system, Blueskin® VP100 is built to resist the Jobsite rigours and the elements and comes with a 15-year warranty, which is the best in the industry.
- Provides higher moisture and water protection than conventional water-resistant barriers, extending the life of the building.
- Enhances occupant comfort by eliminating drafts
- Reduces energy costs by improving building thermal performance.
- Improves air quality by assisting in the reduction of mould growth.
- Installs easily with common hand tools
Blueskin Butyl Flash Window and Door Flashing are intended to be used as a hidden peel-and-stick membrane that prevents water, air, and moisture infiltration. It is commonly used to provide a weather-tight seal around windows and doors, joints insheathing, and as a general flashing in residential construction.
Water damage is the most common complaint among homeowners, according to professional builders. Blueskin WB25 and Blueskin WB are used to close small gaps. Between the sheathing on the walls and the windows, doors, and skylights and other measures to keep water, vapour, and air leaks at bay. For example, air, water, and vapour barriers that work Blueskin WB25, Blueskin WB Window and Door Flashing are also available. Protection against water damage and air infiltration assisting in the year-round improvement of a home’s energy efficiency. Blueskin WB25 and Blueskin WB Window and Door Flashing self-seal around nails, screws and staples. Plywood, OSB, CMU, lumber, exterior grade gypsum sheathing, and aluminum or vinyl clad windows are all compatible. Temperatures as low as 10° F (-12° C) can complete the flame-free, peel-and-stick installation.